Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother’s Day was a busy but good day. After a great lunch at the Wilson’s we headed home. As the kids were leaving, Papa “snuck” a bag of peanut M&M’s in each grandchild’s pocket. We found Nathan’s and took it out of his pocket before getting in the Jeep. Luke found his own treat and you could not have pried it out of his hand! The bright yellow, crinkly bag was an amazing treasure! So, Jeff and I let him keep it and headed home. When we were almost home, I looked back at Luke and got a big surprise. He had poked a hole in the package and was eating all the M&M’s. He was very quietly enjoying his treasure! By the time we got home, he had eaten all the M&M’s. Of course we had to take pictures of his fun. Thanks Papa!

The whole event reminded me of one time when I was a little girl and my Papaw took me to the store and bought me a huge bag of Hershey Kisses. First, it was amazing that I had gone anywhere with my grandfather by myself. With two brothers, a sister and a cousin nearby, trips alone with the grandparents were rare. Then, to have a huge bag of candy! Wow! It only got better when my Mom said that I did not have to share the candy with anyone. What a wonderful day! It’s funny the things you remember.




No comments: