Monday, August 3, 2009

Shelf Life

Bottles have occupied counter space in our house since May of 2007. First, Luke's bottles and then, for a short time, both the boys' bottles. For the past year, it has just been Nathan's bottles. I'm happy to report that as of today, our counter will be bottle free! Nathan has given them up, without a fight. I can't say that I am sad about this new development. The older the boys get, the more fun we have together. Nathan turned 13 months old last week and it's hard for me to imagine that Luke was not quite 13 months when Nathan was born. Luke seemed so old to me at the time but now I can see that I really did have two babies on my hands! Many people have told me that the first year with two boys so close together would be the hardest. But really, it was not that bad. It's actually gotten harder the more mobile Nathan has become! :) Like every Mom, I think my boys are the best. Even though it's challenging, we really do have a lot of fun together. It makes me wonder what the next year will bring!
(perhaps freedom from diapers!!! dare I dream!!!)

1 comment:

erickson family said...

yeah, just discovered your blog. :) it was good to see you last week! i like your entry about the bottles. :)