Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who Nose Why?

Last night was an eventful night at our house. The boys were having dinner and Jeff had just gotten home from work. I was making dinner for Jeff when I looked over and Luke had a funny look on his face and his finger up his nose. Nose picking has lately become a favorite past-time of Luke's so the sight did not totally surprise me. But Luke soon started getting upset so I went closer to check things out. Upon closer inspection it was clear what had happened. Luke had put corn in his nose and could not get it out. He was beginning to panic and, I have to admit, I was a little upset too. Thankfully I remembered what Jeff's Uncle Jim told me once about a boy who had stuck a band aid up his nose. Uncle Jim said, just plug up the other two holes and he will probably blow it out. So, I did and Luke did. Crisis averted. Thanks Uncle Jim.

Unfortunately, I must admit, Luke probably got that from me. There is a story my family likes to tell about the time I stuck popcorn up my nose and had to go to the emergency room to get it removed. I was probably about 3 or 4 years old. Luke is only 22 months. I guess that makes him "advanced" for his age.

As you can see from the pictures, Luke was not too traumatized by the incident. I've also included a picture of what Nathan was doing while this was going on. Such a compassionate little brother.









3 comments:

julie mosley said...

He reminds me of Abby... look at this old post:
http://themosleyfamily.blogspot.com/2007/12/nose-m.html

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, they are both just adorable! Adorable! I love it! Aunt Leanne

Anonymous said...

THE BOYS are so so so so adorable. Maybe I will see them soon. MIMI