Wednesday, April 7, 2010

90 Degrees

I have this great friend, Sheila. She has been a wonderful friend over the years and has always given me great advice. Two examples are: kids will make you crazy and use eye wrinkle cream at night.
Done.

When Sheila and I were teaching together she and I had very different organizational techniques. Her technique was more the pile variety and mine was a love of right angles. So, her idea of fun was to sneak into my classroom and skew all the papers on my desk to where they were out of their 90 degree position.
So, Sheila, this one is for you:

Since I've had kids, I have learned two hard lessons. First, it's ok if the Playdough colors get mixed. Second, all the sand does not have to stay in the sandbox. It's been difficult but I think I have them mastered. Now I'm working on, dirty carpet is OK.


Love you Sheila!

4 comments:

The Junods said...

That is hilarious!! I'm on the Sheila side of organizing...if not worse. But the playdough and sand does get on my nerves.

Shannon said...

I LOVE IT! I loved Shelia and can so see her classroom as I was reading your post! You and I were a LOT alike! Do you remember Jennifer's copying skills? She always seemed to copy crooked (we still laugh about this!) and I would have to go back and make them straight.....she just didn't care! And by the way....did you know that there are rings around Uranus? That was always one of my favorite lessons! Love you and love this sweet post! And - if only you could see my carpet right now. Barf (after blueberries for lunch) and white carpet don't mix well! Here's to calling Dalworth next week! :-)

The Wilsons said...

Oh the Uranus jokes! full of hot gasses, rings...those lived on after you left. We felt it was our duty to let those new to our team experience a Uranus joke with a room full of third graders! Those were great years :)

Anonymous said...

LOL...You are not right!! I'm glad that at least you won't have wrinkles! And that you don't sweat the small stuff!!!
Love ya,
Sheila