Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter, Mostly

I can't tell you how many times a week I wish I had a camera in my head. Things happen that I wish I could capture and remember but I know by the time I get the camera, the moment will be gone. Here is one attempt I made to capture one of those moments. For a few minutes (which is forever in little boy land) both Luke and Nathan were sitting, drinking juice and watching Eli swing. No one was grabbing, pushing, slapping or crying. For a few brief minutes, everyone was happy and quiet. By the time I got the camera, Nathan had gotten up and moved on and Luke had started trying to push the swing. I went ahead and took this to remind myself of what I had seen.
So, Jeff had Good Friday off and I wanted to do something with the boys for Easter. I decided it would be fun to make and decorate Easter cookies with the boys and since Jeff was there to help, we went for it. Actually, I chickened out on the making cookies with the boys part. I made them during nap time. I have to confess that I had never made the kind of cookies where you roll out the dough and cut them into a shape. But, I did it and it was not too hard. I also have to confess that I don't own a rolling pin so I used the little one from the Playdough kit. It worked fine. When the boys got up, we got started with the decorating. Walmart did not have any Easter colors in the squeezable frosting department so we made red and blue Easter cookies. No one seemed to mind. Here are some pictures of the fun.




Our masterpieces!
Yummy too!
This picture is from Easter Sunday. I took my shoes off at some point while we were getting ready to go and each boy grabbed one and took off. It's sad that I wear tennis shoes so much that when I wear something different it's totally exciting.
Here they are opening Easter baskets.
They love the trucks from their baskets.
Although we got a lot of video from Easter and a fun Easter egg hunt with Abby, Grant and Ashley, we took almost no pictures. Jeff did get this one and I think it's really great. The boys are crazy about their Papa :)

4 comments:

Jan said...

Love those cookies! Brave mommy! with Daddy's help. You went way over slice-n-bake. They so enjoy & get into the moments!

Shannon said...

The cookies are my favorite part of this post! Love the red and blue icing! You are such a great mom Celia!

Donna said...

I agree with Shannon. You are such a great mom! I am quite impressed (& I'm not easily impressed).

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom... Interesting... that both of my daughters are GREAT mothers... I am impressed by BOTH of you.... Very little impresses your mother, but you two are IMPRESSIVE.....