Wednesday, September 19, 2012

August 2012

So, once again I'll attempt to put a month of our lives into one post.  Picture heavy for sure!
The end of July brought the end to my summer courses.  For the first 2.5 weeks of August, I was free to spend my days with the boys.  Here we are, playing in the backyard.


 After about a week, we started exploring the malls around Fort Worth.  We found one with a merry-go-round (and a Build-a-Bear, I'm a total push over for stuffed animals).
 Poor Eli had to wait in the stroller with me.  No adults allowed on the merry-go-round and I could just see him tipping over part way through.
 About a week into our time together, our AC went out at home.  We braved the 100+ heat for almost a week before heading to my Dad's in MS.  Poor Papaw, he had just gotten rid of us a week before and now we were back!  Here's Luke with a puzzle he built while there (this is also when I discovered what fun toys the Dollar Store has).
 While we were there, we visited the Children's Museum of Jackson.  It was really great!  We spent an entire afternoon there and got to try out all sorts of exhibits.

 Eli loved the trains, of course.
 Nathan's favorite was the construction crane.
 Nathan with his favorite work partner.  You're a good sport Papaw.






 Outside was a spray park.  TONS of fun!
 After a few days, the AC was fixed so we headed home.  This is Nathan as "Adventure Boy."

 Heading on an adventure he tells me (it was over 100 degrees and he has two shirts on and boots, he meant business).
 My work started back in mid-August (boo).  After my first Saturday class we all had a nap at home.  It was awesome!
 In case you can't tell, Nathan LOVES dress up stuff.  Here he is as Racecar Pilot Hockey Boy (his title).  Love the way the ear covers smush his face.  My little chipmunk.

 Helping Daddy mow.

 And meanwhile...

 Meet the teacher night for my big kinder boy!
 One last hurrah in the new pool from Grammy!





 Couldn't resist.
 We've been trying out new churches.  Two little buds waiting to leave.

 First day of the new preschool (more about this later).
 And finally, the highlight of our August 2012, Luke's first day of kindergarten!  I'll come back and write more about this monumental occasion.  I'm running short on time (as usual) and wanted to get these up but I have much to say about this special day and time in our lives.  I can't believe how big he is and how much I miss him.  I did not appreciate how much freedom there was when your kids are in preschool versus elementary.  Sigh....times are changing.  More to come on this!

 Headed in to class on his first day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh....Great photos... Thanks for sharing, Celia.. Much LOVE, Mother