Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Just July

Shew!  I made it to July.  I don't like posting on the blog like this, months in the span of a day.  But, the boys will be back Friday from their visit with Mimi and Papaw and I don't know when I would have time again to post pictures.  I don't like posting so retrospectively because I feel like I miss the life of a time period.  It's hard to remember exactly what an event felt like or exactly what funny/crazy thing the boys said/did.  But since Christmas, life has been really crazy so this is the best I can do.  I can do the 'drinker's pledge' of blogging, swear to never get this far behind again, but who knows what will happen over the next 6 months!  Anyway, it feels good to have the pictures organized and at least put up here, even if all the details I would have liked to remember, are gone.  Here is the last set, from July.
We were going somewhere, probably Lowe's, and I just thought the boys looked so cute!  They often do when they are strapped in :)


 At the first of the month I went Stanford as part of a grant I received.  Here are my sweeties the night before I left.  I looked at this picture a million times while I was gone :(
 The campus was amazing!
 No trouble being motivated to run!
 Having breakfast with Eli, the morning after I returned.
 That week my Mom came in town and kept the boys while I worked.  Then, the next weekend we headed to MS.  My awesome parents kept the boys for the last 2 week of July, while I worked.  It was so hard to leave them, even when I knew the boys would have a great time.  I don't know who cried more, me or Luke (the other two boys couldn't have cared less that I was leaving!).  Here are Luke and Nathan eating some popcorn at Papaw's.
 For the 4th, we went to Haslet's 4th of July celebration.  It was the perfect speed for us (and price, everything was $1!).  The fireworks were great and the boys were not too scared. 
Eli with a snow cone in this one.





 While I was gone to CA, Jeff took the boys to Grammy and Papa's and they fished in the creek.  Both boys caught their first fish (with a lot of help from Daddy and Papa)!

 Hanging out with Sandi on a hot July day.
 While Nathan and Eli spent the night with Grammy and Papa, Luke and Daddy stayed home.  Having all that time to themselves, I mean what else would you do but shave your head, right?  Nice work Daddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words cannot say how much I enjoyed the time I spent with the boys this summer. I was so very, very blessed to have had this time with each one of them and to make my own memories with each one of them. Each one is so so so so very special. Thank you, Celia and Jeff, for the awesome privilege of time with the greatest three boys in the world, Luke, Nathan, and Eli. LOVE YOU MUCH... (Pictures are great.) Mother (Sundra) Mimi....