Wednesday, July 25, 2012

May, Home and School

The day before we moved in to the new place, we took the boys to see it.  The thing about this time I want to remember is a conversation I had with Luke (several times).  He kept asking me how long we were going to stay in our new house and when we were going home.  It took him a while to adjust to the idea that we were staying in the new place.  Even Nathan said a few times (especially when we were still making the trek back to Plano each day for school) that he wanted to go "home."
Here they are spreading out in their new room.

 In May, I took Luke to a kindergarten preview activity at his new elementary (here he is waiting to go inside).  He got to see the kindergarten classrooms, playground, lunch room, and make a craft, while I registered him for school.  He was SO excited but, while we were waiting, he wrote his name (Luke Wilson :) and then asked me how to spell "miss Ms. Cheryl and Ms. Susan."  Ugg, I almost cried right there.  Even when he was so excited about kindergarten, he was thinking of his preschool teachers (who were magically wonderful in our book).
 First night in the new place.  Ran themselves ragged, they were so excited.
Playing in the new backyard...

Eli in his new room...
Backyard again...




 Now we're back at school.  Luke's classes had a Mother's Day presentation for us.  They sang songs, had muffins for us afterwards and had precious gifts the kids (teachers!) had made.  It was the most wonderful time.  Fortunately for me, the way the school was set up, I got to experience the joy twice.  It was all I could do not to cry through the whole thing.  Luke seems so big to me but when I see pictures of him like this, I realize what a little boy he still is.



 Round two, the next day.



 Luke and his best friend Jack.  Oh how I wish Jack was going to kindergarten with us!  Jack's mom is a music teacher so we hit it off right away, and Jack is her youngest so she had great advice for me.

No comments: