Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Month One

Eli has now been with us for one month! It's been a tiring but good month. He's starting to sleep more hours at a stretch with five hours being his record (unfortunately these five hours are not at night, yet!). He usually has a bottle about 9:30 PM and sleeps until 2 or 3 AM, has a bottle and then sleeps again until around 6:30 AM. This has been his trend for the last several nights. The big boys are doing well with him. Nathan looks for Eli each morning and has learned to say "Eli." Both Luke and Nathan shower Eli with hugs and kisses when they see him (whether Eli is asleep or awake!). My biggest job is to protect Eli from his sometimes overly loving brothers. I would say that jealously is at a minimum but this may change when Eli becomes more active.
On another note, I found a job. My job at UNT ended since I started teaching and would have ended anyway when I graduate so I have been looking for a job. I actually found a job I would have really loved, working for PISD as a measurement coordinator. But, the job was full time, year round and would have meant a lot of time away from the boys. I was tempted to take it but I could never get any peace about being away from the boys for so long each day. But, God is so good and provided a part time job for me. It's an ideal position working with a group of charter schools around Texas (Responsive Education Solutions). The position is part time, work from home with opportunity in the future to move to full time. Everything worked out so well. I moved to Texas from Mississippi 10 years ago to attend UNT. It was a really hard decision to make. But, since and including then, when it was a move I needed to make, God has always provided the prefect position for me. It's been neat to watch how jobs have "fallen in my lap" over the years when it was a decision I needed to make. This new job has followed that trend. I am really excited about it and so very thankful. I start June 1.
Here are some pictures of the last month. This is at almost 1 month...
Eli's room...
Jeff's HS picture...

Yard decor from Jeff's HS days...
My little muffin before his first real bath...
During...
What he did the entire time...
One month old today!
The boys' Papa has given them each nicknames before they were born (Luke: Scooter, Nathan: Spanky, Eli:Sparky)
We love you Sparky!

7 comments:

Ashley Hall said...

Celia! Eli is beautiful! Just like your other two! I am so sorry we have not met him yet! That is so exciting about your job. God is good! So glad He provided that for you! Cant wait to see you all soon!

The Junods said...

Oh my word E is so cute! You have 3 VERY cute boys. Not everyone gets 3 cuties!! Congrats on your job. What a sweet deal! So glad you get some time with the boys at home before working in June. Perfect timing! Cute nursery. Love all of Jeff's stuff in there. Seeing these pictures makes me very excited to have a tiny little baby around here. Can't wait to introduce the cuzzies in just about 8 weeks :) Get some rest, girl. I know your're exhausted.

Shannon said...

Celia - He is just dreamy! He looks so much like the other two! The bath picture with him screaming is hysterical! (maybe not to him!) I would love to see you guys soon. It has been too long and I need to get my hands on Eli! Congrats on the new job. That is amazing and just like God to provide the perfect position at the perfect time. He is so good!

Jan said...

Whoohoo, girl! Your choice of jobs! Now you get to use that education & still spend great time with the guys. Here's wishing you lots of energy! God is good!

Donna said...

Your boys are absolutely wonderful! Wonderful!!! I loved the time spent with them.

I am incredibly blessed to have you as my sister.

I love you lots!

Anonymous said...

I noticed that Jeff put a white baseball on the wall, indicating where Tulsa is... where Mimi lives... Thanks much, Jeff...
Sundra.....

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and guides for generating $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
JOIN NOW