Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eli's Here! 7 lbs, 14 oz, 20 inches

Tuesday, February 23 turned out to be a big day for us! About 5:30 AM my water broke so Jeff's peaceful snoring was interrupted and we began getting ready to head to the hospital. We arrived about 8AM and we (and my tag along puddle) were set up in a room to await the c-section. I had never had my water break before and I found out it's not like on TV. I had no idea there was that much "water" in there! It continued to break for about 2 hours (that's probably way too much information). To make a long story short, we headed in for the c-section about 11:15 and Eli was born at 11:36 AM. Overall, this c-section was the best of the three (which is not saying much) and most of all, I'm so thankful it's over and we are all back home getting adjusted to our new addition. We took a lot of pictures so I'll just include the highlights.
Before...
After!
Right after he arrived...


Back in the room...
Sweet little buddy...
Newborn blotchy!
With Daddy on day 2...

Headed home from the hospital...
Jeff and I had been a little concerned about how the boys would react to Eli. This is a picture of Luke's first meeting with Eli. He was SO sweet and kept kissing him and saying "so soft." It was wonderful! So far, Luke has done well with Eli. Nathan was excited to see Eli too. While his kisses are a little rougher and his pats a little less than gentle, he has done well with Eli too. We know it will continue to be an adjustment, for all of us, but so far so good and definitely better than we expected.

One Week Old...
One Week Old, napping...
Jeff and I want to thank everyone for all the well wishes and support. As usual, our families have been amazingly supportive and we know we are so blessed to have all of you! We love you and we promise this is the last one :)

No comments: