Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thanks

First, I want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to the pity party I was having on the last post. I took your sweet comments to heart and I appreciate them very much. I'm sure I gave the impression that life is horrible and I'm miserable. That's not the case, really. In fact, I was listening to Joyce Meyer last night and she commented on this scripture:

I Thessalonians 5: 16-18 (Amplified)
Be happy (in your faith) and rejoice and be glad hearted continually (always); Be unceasing in prayer (praying persevering); Thank (God) in everything (no matter what the circumstance may be, be thankful and give thanks), for this is the will of God for you (who are) in Christ Jesus (the Revealer and Mediator of that will).

So, I had already been thinking that my last post was really not great because generally I am a very level headed person and very thankful and aware of all the ways in which I am blessed continually by God. I know very well that things can always get worse (and often do) and I try not to take any good thing for granted. After seeing this scripture last night, I knew I should not have been so negative. So, to try and counterbalance my last post, here are some things for which I am so very thankful:)

1. My 3 wonderful and healthy boys! I keep finding myself on these terribly sad blogs about children with the most awful issues. I'm so thankful my boys are healthy. What a gift!
2. A supportive and loving husband.
3. A family that loves me.
4. Godly women in my life from the beginning who have set amazing examples for me to follow and from which to learn.
5. Being born in a country where I can serve the God of my choice.
6. Being born into circumstances where I have had the opportunity to have and achieve any goals I have set for myself.
7. Having all the resources I need to be able to find and fulfill the plan God has for me and my life.
The list could go on and on!

On another note, we had a great weekend. I did not have to teach Saturday so I was able to spend three full days with the boys. Monday, Jeff and I took them to get their 3, 2 and 6 month pictures. I don't have the picture CD yet but here is a proof of one picture. Never mind the words on their faces! After the pictures, we went to the mall and had lunch and rode the train. It was fun, even with three tired boys!

Oh, and here is a side note: Because of the bad weather, I am able to work from home today instead of driving to FW. That means I can pick the boys up early! I am so blessed!

7 comments:

Donna said...

The double-edge of blogging is that 1. You can express your feelings of the day, and 2. You can express your feelings of the day. :) I just think you are way cool to be able to voice those feelings, good, bad, or indifferent. As I have told you in the past, I don't blog much because too often no one would want to hear what I am REALLY thinking!

I love you lots!

The Junods said...

Totally understand but didn't take it as a pity party. I have those here in Doha regularly :) Loved your list of blessings and also that scripture. Good reminder for me too. Thank you! Adorable picture!

erickson family said...

miss you celia. love your blog. ;) i feel like i have been pity party city lately, so your blog was an encouragement.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing daughter, Celia Elizabeth. Your dad and I certainly "put into" you excellent values from the youngest age. What an incredible lady you are today!!!

You, my daughter, are surpassed by none, a Proverbs 31 lady... and a "natural" mother, who guides her boys with great wisdom and strength.

I am so very proud of you....

MUCH LOVE,
Your mother -- forever...

PS: The picture of the boys is beautiful... They are so very handsome... Each one is #1.

Jan said...

What a fun pic! Thank goodness for your excellent ability & training to write.... now a blog, someday insightful literature.

Donna said...

Soooo, according to your post above the last post was a pity party (not sure I agree), but for this purpose I will... :)

If you get to have a pity party, does that mean if I have a temper tantrum, you will post more often???? ;) Stamping my foot for more posts.... ;)

I love you dearly, my sweet sister.

Blogger said...

Discover how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
CLICK HERE TO DISCOVER