Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birthday, Part 2

So, if you read the previous post, you know we had the boys' birthday party together this year. I decided on The Little Gym and the boys approved. My very good friend Jennifer had her daughter, Brynn's, 2nd birthday party there a few years ago. I thought it was so fun for Luke that I always kept the place in the back of my mind for the boys' party. It was a sunny Sunday afternoon when we headed to The Little Gym with all of our loot! It's the kind of place where you show up and the party people do all the work (for a price). After having all the boys' parties at our house for the past three years, I can say the money was worth it and I'm sure it was more fun for the kids.

Nathan's cake: Cars! I took the boys to Market Street to pick out their cakes from the book of cakes. I thought they would be really excited about picking out their own cakes but it was really more like keeping them contained while I picked the cakes. I think there were too many choices. Next time I'll show them three or four pictures on the internet and let them choose that way. One of my favorite memories as a kid is going to pick out my birthday cake. I guess there were not as many choices in the '80's. Pink flowers or red flowers or yellow flowers...but I loved it!
And Luke's cake: Thomas! I had to supply the toppings for the cake because they had discontinued this Thomas kit. Luke has had the same Thomas cake for the past 3 years so maybe it's time for a change anyway!

The gym.



The party kids, starting the festivities.



Fun activities and free play, too!



Cake time!

The kids were WORN OUT from the 45 minutes of gym time. They all sat still for cake and ice cream and juice.

The party was a lot of fun! I wish we had more pictures of the party goers. Most of the shots were action shots because all the kids were running around having a great time! Thanks to everyone who came to the party. The only thing that was a little unusual was that there was no time to open gifts. So, we took them all home and the boys opened them. It was strange (to me and Jeff, the boys did not notice of course) not opening the gifts in front of the givers. Besides that, the party was just about perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a party!! MUCH LOVE, Mimi...