Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nathan's Birthday!

June 26th was Nathan's actual birthday. As we did with Luke, we had a little family party for him at home. Here he is soon after waking on his birthday. Nathan is always the first one up at our house (usually around 5:30-6:00) so there was no way to get a picture of him still in bed. This is part of his typical routine, get up, get some milk and read his favorite books.



Big brother got up a little while later and joined him in the chair (pardon the texture repair in the background, it's waiting for paint).
Sweet birthday boy!

Blowing out the candles.


Nathan's new love, Lightening McQueen.



Big brother finally talked Nathan in to letting him help open.



So what's Nathan like at 3 years old? He has an easy smile with the most incredible dimples. He is sometimes very mischievous. He is all boy and has started to say "that's for girls" to all things pink and purple. He's very solid and likes to play rough. He adores his Daddy and has a fascination with driving Daddy's truck one day and wearing a belt one day like Daddy and wearing his sunglasses on his shirt like Daddy and on and on. He thinks toots and burps are funny but still says excuse me, even if you can hardly hear it through the giggles. Has taken lately to singing silly songs, mostly about poop. He attempts most any song and can turn even my most terrible day happy with a little "spaghetti song." He still loves books. I try so hard not to get irritated at him when he gets me up at 5:30 or 6:00 every morning. If I get him some chocolate milk and a stack of books, he will entertain himself for a while, at least long enough for me to get a shower. He squeezes my heart when he asks so sweetly, will you play with me Mommy? Or, how about you read to me? Oh time, stand still! We have not started potty training, even though he wears pull-ups and will go in the potty if he's in the mood. He can ride his bike now but sometimes I end up pulling it home. He loves his cowboy boots and often becomes fireman or policeman or guitar man with them and a few accessories. All things Cars, especially Tow Mater, excite him now. The only show he will sit all the way through is Scooby Doo, all the while telling me "it's too scary." He can be shy around new people. He loves his brothers, even if sometimes it's love/hate. He's found a fellow wrestler in Eli and I see lots of matches in our future. He says the most amazing things sometimes. I can understand him and most of the time, other people can too. The last thing I'll write about Nathan is a conversation we had a couple of weeks ago. Nathan: What's that man doing? Me: Watering his flowers. Nathan: Why? Me: Well, they are thirsty. Nathan: But they don't have any mouths. You are so smart my wonderful Nathan! I love you so so much!

2 comments:

Jan said...

So precious!!

Anonymous said...

Great post... by a great mom!! LOVE YOU so SO much... Mother (Mimi)