Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks

For Thanksgiving, Jeff, the boys and I headed to MS to visit my family. My grandmother is 95 years old and had never met Eli. So, Wednesday we loaded the Jeep and headed out. The trip was fine really. Having Jeff there to help made all the difference. We did decide that we need a bigger vehicle if we go on too many more trips.
Here we are heading out. We left about 4:30 PM hoping that we could stop once for dinner and then the boys would go to sleep. Our plan worked pretty well although we did have to stop one more time. We got to my dad's house about 1:30 AM.

At my dad's. Have trains, will travel.
Different toys are the best!
Nathan took advantage of having a willing reader.
Thanksgiving lunch. We had a buffet lunch at the Hilton and it was great. Nathan is checking out his huge piece of chocolate cake here, contemplating his attack strategy.
Eli with his great Uncle Doug and my cousin, Jeff.
Papaw, Jeff and Nathan
Luke, enjoying his lemon cake (he picked it out!). Luke really took to being the big boy and getting to do things the other boys could not do. It's really neat to watch him progress and mature.
Eli with Nannie.

Just like big brother.
An after Thanksgiving snooze with Daddy.
Yummy toys at Papaw's. Eli's hair has grown but is not long enough to cut so we have these pointy sections in front. I try to keep them brushed over but they keep coming back for an Eddie Munster look.
Taking a break with Papaw.
My sweet Nannie.
Luke and Nathan with Nannie. Sorry to say the boys went a little nutty at Nannie's house. The trip, little napping and a new place made for some rambunctious boys. Still, I was glad they got to spend some time with her.
This is unrelated but so funny to me. Nathan is sitting on our little potty and insisted on reading the paper while doing so! Wonder where he got that one?
So incredibly thankful for my many blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. Celia, your grandmother, Nannie, (the boys' great grand mother) is BEAUTIFUL. I hope that I look half that good at 95. She is so smart and so sweet, too. I am so very glad that she was able to visit the boys at Thanksgiving. That was a great treat for her. Those are very precious photos. Mother

Donna said...

Love these wonderful photos! Love you all, too!