Friday, December 3, 2010

Nine Months!

On November 23 Eli turned 9 months old! I waited to do this post until he had his 9 month checkup. It was yesterday.
First, his stats:
Weight: 16.4 pounds (3%)
Height: 28 inches (45%)
HC: 45.2 cm (50%)
So, we still have a light weight on our hands! I was happy to see that his height is fine. Eli's doctor (Uncle Jimmy!) said if Eli continues at this pace, when he reaches 18 years old, he will be 5'9" and 120 pounds! Ha! Hopefully Eli will put on some weight in the coming months and years!

Eli is still a wonderful baby. I really could not ask for more from him. Sometimes I wonder if he is so much easier than the other two boys because I have more experience. I think really it's a combination of things. I'm more experienced, Eli has a lot of entertainment and he's just a good baby. As far as development goes, he's making more sounds, adding the nananana sound to his repertoire of mamamamama and dadadadada! He is sure to put in his two cents when other people are talking! Eli loves to pat Nathan's head when Nathan puts his head in Eli's lap. Eli loves peek-a-boo and being startled. He will play with most any toy the big boys put in front of him but especially loves the Little People fire truck and bus. He's getting to be more mobile now that he can turn all the way around on his bottom, rolls easily and gets on his tummy to reach for things. He's even made a few attempts to pull up on his own. I try to imagine what it will be like when he's mobile! My life has become a series of phases, good or bad, and I try to remember that when we are in a tough one! The thing I like most about Eli is that even though he is easy going, he's not a push over (although he does get pushed over by Nathan several times a week). Unlike the other two boys at this age, when someone takes a toy from him, he gets really upset and lets you know it! I love it! He will be one tough little boy. Eli is becoming a real litlle person and it's so amazing to watch him and see who he will become.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... And so very, very sweet. He is my precious youngest grandson, Eli Cooper, and he will be formidable... Much LOVE, mother (mimi)

Jan said...

Oh, man! I knew I should have chosen Nanananana instead of the tongue-twisting Grammy.