Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Change Of Course

The last couple of weeks have been eventful, for me anyway. A few days into my new job, I got an email from my major professor letting me know about a visiting professor position at Texas Wesleyan University in Fort Worth and asking me if I wanted him to give them my name. I said yes! The next day I got another email from my friend and committee member, Lesley, letting me know she had also given them my name as a person possibly interested in the position. A few days later I was granted an interview with Texas Wesleyan and I got the job! Like I said, it's a visiting professor position with the opportunity to interview for an assistant professor position for the following year.

The position is teaching stats and research methods to Ed.D. students. I'm very excited about it and I think it will be a great fit. The person I interviewed with, Dr. Curtin, will be my mentor. She's from Ireland and I think she's great. For now I'll commute (it's about an hour each way, less than to Denton) until we see what happens with Jeff's job and then, some time in the future, make a move in that direction. For the fall, I'll be teaching Thursday night and Saturday morning. I'll be going to campus T,W,TH and Saturday morning. It's a schedule I'm very happy with. I can hardly believe I have this wonderful opportunity. Because this new job does not start until mid August, I will pull the boys out of school for July and August. It will be a great summer!

These pictures are a little random...
Playing in the backyard.




Eli and Nathan this morning...Nathan is very sweet to Eli, always asking about him and wanting to help me with him (although there is the occasional love slap).

It looks like he's yelling at Eli but he's really saying "Hi Eli"!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW.... How very beautiful... Boys are so so so sweet....

Anonymous said...

Ooops... commented without signing... Love you, all, much... Mother (Sundra - Mimi)