Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Misc.

I found this really great website today that allows you to create a hardback book from blog posts. I’m going to start doing that for each year that I keep this blog. I like the idea because as Luke has turned 3, his baby book is ending and I was wondering how I was going to keep track of all the memories from this point forward. I’m not the scrapbooking type so the blog will have to do. That being said, the voice of this blog may change a bit to more of an online log of our lives during this special time when the boys are small. (That's code for this blog will probably bore most!)

Today was a good day. My days spent alone with the boys are becoming less of an hour by hour mission and more of enjoyment. Of course I still feel like I have to be at least two steps ahead of them to be able to control the chaos but things are getting better. I’m not sure if this is because they are getting a little older, they’re getting settled down after the upset of bringing home a new baby or I am less hormonal. As my professor always said, it’s a multivariate world and it’s probably a combination of things.

Today was also the last day before my new job starts. I’m excited to be starting it, for the money and for the experience and because it’s a great schedule for me and the boys. But, I’m also a little sad that this time of being job and school free is over. It was only a couple of weeks since my dissertation was turned in and the two online courses I was teaching ended, but they were great weeks and I am sad they are over.

The funniest thing that happened today was after lunch. Nathan had a thing for Spiderman today and carried around this toy Spiderman for most of the day. The thing about this Spiderman is, for some reason, his head comes off. The head is tiny by itself. Of course Nathan wanted to take Spiderman to nap with him so before I gave it back to him after washing the ketchup from lunch off it, I popped Spidie’s head off. You should have seen his little face when I handed it back to him with no head. He just looked at it and then looked at me. The next thing he did was cry for Spiderman and try to get his head off the counter. It took me a while to get him to agree to go to bed with just the body but he finally did. I gave him the head back after naptime.

Well, tomorrow is a big day. It will be challenging to get three boys off to school and then head to work. The first of many days I am sure.

Saturday was Luke's actual birthday. Before the boys got up, my Mom and I went and got doughnuts.




Nathan got these sunglasses from his teacher on the last day of school. He loved them! I say loved because they have already bitten the dust.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love seeing your sweet boys! Let us know how the first couple of days of work have been! I am anxious to hear.

Anonymous said...

We had such fun on Luke's real birthday... How blessed I am to have spent that day with my precious grand sons..... Mimi