Thursday, March 17, 2011

Catching Up, Again

I feel like I have not posted anything in a long time but now that I see the date on the last post, it's only been a couple of weeks. This post is a little scattered but there were some things I wanted to record. The day after Eli's birthday party we went to the Dallas Zoo. The week before Luke had asked my Mom to take him to the zoo and then for ice cream. Don't know where he got that but that's what we did. Eli stayed home with Daddy while Luke, Nathan, Mimi, Uncle David, Kyle, Kristin and I went to the Dallas Zoo. It was fun, not too hot or too crowded. Mostly, I discovered the boys are still a little too young for the zoo. I pretty much just saw the backs of their heads as they ran after Kyle and Kristin. Here are a couple of shots to prove we were there.

On the monorail. I thought this would be a BIG hit with Luke but he was not that impressed.
The after-zoo ice cream treat!

Next Topic: On February 26 Luke went to his first (that he can remember) friend birthday party. It was for his friend Harry and was at WOGA. The interesting thing I found out was that Harry was turning 5, instead of 4. I guess I'm a little paranoid about Luke keeping up with the other kids in his class because his birthday is May 29 so it was quite surprising to find out at the party that several of the kids in his room are a year ahead and that a couple of moms there are planning to keep their kids back next year. I guess this is becoming a pretty common thing. Anyway, after the party Luke and I got something to eat. This, I'm sure, seems like a strange picture to post but sometimes a picture just really captures the essence of one of the boys. For some reason, I thought this picture really spoke of Luke. He tries so hard to be big and independent but really, he's just a little boy who loves his trains.
I was trying here to get a picture of him before the party.
Which turned to this.
And of course this.
Switching Again: Here we are in the backyard one day last week. It was this picture that made me realize Eli finally needed a haircut. Trains and mud and camo, oh my.

I did have a birthday on March 10. The big 36. On the downhill slope to 40. Am I where I thought I would be at age 36? Yes, pretty much. I thought I would be here a little sooner but basically I feel like things worked out the way they should. Time is a funny thing. In some ways it's moving so fast now but in others, it's still creeping. Ever had a head full of thoughts but nothing to say? That's how 36 feels so far. Maybe by 37 I'll have it all worked out. These are some flowers my very great friend, Sheila, sent me. Florida is just too far away.

1 comment:

Donna said...

How very wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us.
Love you MUCH!